Infection with trichinellosis is acquired through consumption of raw or insufficiently processed meat which is contaminated with infectious Trichinella species. This parasitic infection is rare in Denmark. In June 2007, a Danish woman was diagnosed with trichinellosis after ingesting a Polish tea sausage. The case was later linked to a Polish outbreak comprising over 200 persons. The infection can range from being asymptomatic to fatal, depending on the infective load and response of the host. Treatment with antihelminthic drugs and steroids can be indicated, depending on symptoms and time of diagnosis.
|Bidragets oversatte titel||Trichinellosis after consumption of meat imported from Poland|
|Tidsskrift||Ugeskrift for laeger|
|Status||Udgivet - 1 aug. 2009|