Prevalence of acute cardiac disorders in patients with suspected ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction and non-significant coronary artery disease

H. Andersson*, T. E. Christensen, K. A. Ahtarovski, L. E. Bang, P. Hasbak, N. Vejlstrup, F. Pedersen, L. Holmvang, P. Grande, P. Clemmensen, G. S. Wagner

*Corresponding author af dette arbejde

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftArtikelForskningpeer review

    Abstract

    Background and purpose We aimed to study the prevalence of acute cardiac disorders in patients with suspected ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) and non-significant coronary artery disease (CAD). Methods From January to October 2012 we consecutively included patients admitted with suspected STEMI and non-significant CAD (coronary artery stenosis diameter < 50%). Patients were diagnosed with acute cardiac disorder in the presence of elevated cardiac biomarkers (troponin T > 50 ng/l or creatine kinase MB > 4 μg/l) or dynamic ECG changes (ST-segment changes or T-wave inversion). Results Of the 871 patients admitted with suspected STEMI, 11% (n = 95) had non-significant CAD. Of these, 67% (n = 64) had elevated cardiac biomarkers or dynamic ECG changes and were accordingly diagnosed with acute cardiac disorders. In the remaining 33% (n = 31) of patients, cardiac biomarkers were normal and ECG changes remained stationary. Conclusions Acute cardiac disorders were diagnosed in two thirds of patients with suspected STEMI and non-significant CAD.

    OriginalsprogEngelsk
    Sider (fra-til)459-464
    Antal sider6
    TidsskriftJournal of Electrocardiology
    Vol/bind47
    Udgave nummer4
    DOI
    StatusUdgivet - 1 jan. 2014

    Fingeraftryk

    Udforsk hvilke forskningsemner 'Prevalence of acute cardiac disorders in patients with suspected ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction and non-significant coronary artery disease' indeholder.

    Citationsformater