A 44-year-old unconscious man was admitted 24 hours after intake of approximately one gram of isocarboxazid. He was subsequently intubated for seven days. Muscular hyperactivity and prolonged hyperthermia were the main therapeutic problems which were treated with dantrolene, levomepromazine, pancuronium, and external cooling. Massive rhabdomyolysis was treated with forced diuresis.
|Bidragets oversatte titel||Prolonged hyperthermia after isocarboxazid poisoning|
|Tidsskrift||Ugeskrift for laeger|
|Status||Udgivet - 28 apr. 2003|